Self-representation is becoming more common in the courts. "Limited scope" legal services are intended to help self-represented individuals prepare and advance their own case by providing access to a lawyer as needed.
There are two main benefits of using limited scope legal services. First, clients can save money on legal fees and still have access to legal recommendations at the same time. Second, clients can stay in control of their own case by self-representing, and therefore advance or respond to the litigation as they choose.
The limited scope services offered are:
- Drafting Court papers
- Recommendations about jurisdiction
- Confirm deadlines and procedure
- Research and legal opinions
- Explaining courtroom conduct
- Discussing options for appeal